Violet recaps Season 1 Episode 4 of Legends, titled Betrayal, where Martin, posing as Dante Auerbach, makes a deal with Yuri to buy the VX! However, things don’t go as smoothly as planned… Following the recap, both Violet and Josh share their thoughts about the episode.
Don’t need the Legends episode recap for Betrayal? Click here to jump directly to Violet’s thoughts on the episode!
To see Josh’s thoughts on this week’s Legends episode, Betrayal, click here to get directly there!
Episode Recap of Legends, Season 1 Episode 4: Betrayal
- Picking up where last episode left off, the guy that Martin used the VX on falls over dead. Martin negotiates to buy all 5 liters of Yuri’s VX. Back at the FBI office, Gates and Crystal question Hubbard. Martin returns to Dante’s place, and Crystal reports to Gates that Martin made the deal, and admits that Gates was right. Meanwhile, Rice tells his boss that he thinks DCO is hiding something.
- Ana stops by and sleeps with Dante, and tells him they’re meeting Yuri in the morning at City Hall. She also reveals that Yuri adopted her from an orphanage at age 10. They meet with Yuri, who hands over the VX, and Martin wires the money. When the FBI comes out to arrest them, a sniper starts shooting. Martin and Ana run to his car and drive off, at which point he tells her she’s under arrest. Crystal is able to capture Yuri.
- Rice investigates the evidence from McCombs’ murder, and finds a receipt from a diner. Rice goes there and questions a guy named Kenny, showing him a picture of Martin. Kenny tells Rice it was a woman who stabbed McCombs, and Martin came right after.
- It turns out the solution in the canisters was not VX, but hairspray. Crystal questions Yuri about where the real VX is. Crystal knows that Yuri raped and killed Ana’s mother. He makes demands for a jet for him and Ana, then threatens a VX attack within the hour, and more attacks until he is set free. Meanwhile, a man leaves a bag on a bus containing the VX, which kills all 16 people on the bus.
- In order to stop the attacks, the plan is to release Yuri and Ana into Martin’s custody, since he still believes that Martin is Dante. Martin visits Ana to try to convince her to change sides by telling her what Yuri did to her mother. Crystal makes a deal with Ana for her time in prison to be limited to 5 years in exchange for her help finding the VX.
- As the FBI drives Yuri and Ana to their jet, they come under attack by explosives and gunfire. Crystal gets shot. A helicopter comes and picks up Yuri and Ana. It turns out Martin, posing as Dante, is the pilot, and the “attack” was orchestrated by the FBI. Martin tells Yuri that they have unfinished business, since he ripped him off. He brings them to an abandoned house with lots of armed men.
- Martin beats Yuri up a little, demands the product, and tells him to call off any further attacks, so as not to draw anymore unwanted attention. After Yuri calls his guy and tells him to stand down, Martin stabs Yuri in the hand, and tells him to arrange a pickup tomorrow.
- Later, while Ana and Yuri are alone, she confronts him about her mother, and he admits what he did. He tells Ana he adopted her because he was overcome with guilt. Ana tells Yuri to give Dante the VX and beg for mercy. He agrees to take him to the vault.
- The next day, Yuri takes Dante with him to his safety deposit box. When Martin opens the box, there is an explosion in his face. Yuri opens the another box, which contains the VX and a gun. Martin recovers, and pulls his gun on Yuri, who figures out that Dante is FBI. As they point their guns at each other, Ana pulls out a gun, so Martin pulls out a second gun and points it at her.
- Ana takes out her anger and sorrow on Yuri, shooting him in the throat. Ana insists that she will never go back in a cage, and appears to get ready to shoot, when Crystal shoots Ana in the chest first.
Violet’s Thoughts on Season 1 Episode 4 of Legends: Betrayal
This was a very exciting episode – I felt as if I were watching a movie! It seems like that’s what this show is, one long movie. And I’m really enjoying that aspect about it!
So we get our answer to whether or not Martin did in fact kill the guy that he used the VX on. I had thought that maybe it was some other solution inside the vial, and the guy had merely been acting. Funny how I thought that, but never even considered that what Yuri sold to Dante would be something other than the VX! Actually, now that I think about it, it is entirely possible that what Martin dropped into the eye of that guy was something else. It seems like the VX would be too precious to Yuri to have it readily available like that, if he is going to double cross someone when he sells it to them.
It was also interesting how Martin covered up the fact that he killed the guy with the VX, merely saying that he saw it demonstrated, despite the fact that he was forced to do it. I guess even though you gotta do what you gotta do in order to not blow your cover, you still don’t want everyone knowing that you killed an innocent person. Also brought up this episode in that same vein was the fact that Martin slept with Ana in order not to blow his cover. I wonder what else he has had to do in order to keep his cover, and what things are coming up that he will have to do? I suppose this may have been preparing us for that cold hard truth.
Agent Rice continues his vendetta against Martin this episode, and thankfully learns the truth – that Martin in fact did not kill McCombs, it was somebody else, some woman. Hopefully this will be where he starts being helpful into finding out Martin’s true identity.
Will Martin will be moving on to a new Legend next week? Or will they try to keep the Dante Auerbach Legend alive? Can’t wait to find out!
Josh’s Thoughts: Legends , Season 1 Episode 4: Betrayal
Scenes from Legends, Season 1 Episode 5: Rogue
Here are scenes from the next episode of Legends, titled Rogue: