Violet recaps Season 2 Episode 4 of Under the Dome, titled Revelation, where Big Jim and Rebecca take the next step in their extermination plan, and Melanie remembers what happened to her! Following the recap, both Violet and Josh share their thoughts about the episode.
Don’t need the Under the Dome episode recap for Revelation? Click here to jump directly to Violet’s thoughts on the episode!
To see Josh’s thoughts on this week’s Under the Dome episode, Revelation, click here to get directly there!
Episode Recap of Under the Dome, Season 2 Episode 4: Revelation
- Rebecca and Big Jim discuss the census surveys and who they should eliminate. Rebecca sneaks an ID card from Jim’s wallet when he’s not looking. Meanwhile, Julia goes to see Sam at his cabin to tell him about the census, and asks for his help. At the diner, Barbie tells Jim that if it becomes necessary, Jim won’t do anything unless they both decide to.
- Joe tells Barbie that they got emails yesterday, and Barbie has the kids take him to where the signal came from at the school, but when they get there, the signal is gone. The kids tell Barbie that Melanie is from 1988, and ask him to help them figure out who she really is.
- Junior decides to let Lyle out, but has him put on handcuffs. Junior brings him to the barber shop, and Lyle explains that he’s the only one who knows Junior’s mom is still alive, and that she left because she thought the dome would follow her and spare Junior. Lyle shows Junior the postcards that his mom sent him, which are paintings of things that have happened since the dome came down.
- Rebecca goes to a farmer’s place to check out his pigs, who have caught the flu. She takes the opportunity to take a blood sample from a dead pig. She takes the sample to a lab and injects a virus into some eggs. Jim finds her there, and she says what’s inside the eggs will help save the town. She tries to convince Jim that the time to act is now.
- Julia and Sam break into Rebecca’s house, and figure out that she is doing research on pigs, so go to visit local farmers who have pigs. They find that one farmer has a dozen dead pigs, and figure out that this pig virus is Rebecca’s extermination plan. They head to the town meeting at the Sweet Briar.
- Barbie and the kids look at microfilm to find info on Melanie, and find out that she is from Zenith, the same hometown as Barbie. Then they decide to go to Melanie’s old house to see if it helps her remember anything. She remembers that she used to see pink stars falling outside into the woods, and they go to the exact spot where the pink stars fell. When they reach the spot, Melanie suddenly remembers what happened.
- Melanie recalls that she, Pauline, Sam, and Lyle found a meteor at the spot, and when they touched it, it cracked open and Melanie grabbed the glowing egg inside because she wanted to protect it. Sam told her to put back, but she wouldn’t. Then someone pushed her, and she hit her head and died. But she didn’t see who pushed her. Barbie thinks Sam is hiding something, since he’s known who Melanie was all along.
- Big Jim makes the tough choice to distribute the virus. Rebecca hands him the vial, and tells him he’ll need to distribute it in water. He goes to the Sweet Briar and grabs a pitcher of water. Just then, Julia and Sam come in and call him out about the virus. Sam takes the vial from Jim, but it’s empty. Julia realizes Rebecca must have it.
- Junior and Lyle goes to Sam’s house to find Pauline’s journal. Junior finds it, but Lyle grabs it from him. Lyle hits Junior on the head with a poker stick, knocking him out, and runs off with the journal.
- Rebecca goes to the church, and is contemplating putting the virus in the holy water, but changes her mind and leaves. Julia pushes Rebecca down, and finds the virus, which she didn’t use. Julia and Sam bring Big Jim and Rebecca to jail. Big Jim tells Julia that Barbie was the first one on board with the virus.
- Barbie and the kids find Junior, who tells them what happened. They think Lyle must have killed Angie.
- Julia and Sam go back to Julia’s house, and she thanks him for his help. Barbie knocks on the door, but Julia refuses to let him in. Sam tries to kiss Julia, but she stops him. While Julia’s back is turned, we see that he has scratch marks on his chest.
Violet’s Thoughts on Season 2 Episode 4 of Under the Dome: Revelation
We found out some interesting things during this episode, mainly about who Melanie really is, and what happened to her and her friends one night back in 1988. It seems that she, Sam, Pauline, and Lyle were all friends. Not only that, but that Sam was her boyfriend, and further that the four of them had been the first to find the egg. Oh, and that one of them killed her. So she’s some sort of weird ghost that the dome has somehow brought back in physical form. It seems that both Pauline and Lyle went a little crazy from touching the meteorite, though Sam seems fine. Well, except for the other big revelation at the end of this episode – that Sam is the one who killed Angie, not Lyle, like everything thinks, and as the show has been leading us to believe! So, if Sam was Melanie’s boyfriend, that means he knew exactly who she was when he and Julia rescued Melanie, yet he didn’t say anything. I’m curious to see what will happen when Melanie confronts him now that she remembers everything.
This whole extermination plan by Big Jim and Rebecca is pretty ridiculous and drastic, and I’m surprised that they were planning on moving forward with it so quickly. How did we get through the entire season last season without Rebecca sticking her nose in and trying to be all science-y the whole time? It’s almost as if she popped up out of nowhere. Kind of like Melanie did… Hmmm, I wonder if the dome also created Rebecca to stir up trouble in Chester’s Mill… Anyway, I’m glad they both decided of their own volition not to go through with it, though I’m not sorry that they got caught. I also think it’s ridiculous that Julia is buying into Big Jim’s accusations about Barbie, and that she doesn’t give Barbie a chance to explain himself. He had some pretty important information to share about Sam, who she was with, and now that we know he killed Angie, it’s possible that he’s the one that killed Melanie as well. What if he wants to kill Julia?
Anyway, as I said before, I’m looking forward to Melanie and Sam meeting back up again, both now knowing who each other are. Hopefully there will be plenty of other people around though, to stop Sam if he tries to hurt her.
Josh’s Thoughts: Under the Dome, Season 2 Episode 4: Revelation
Scenes from Under the Dome, Season 2 Episode 5: Reconciliation
Here are scenes from the next Under the Dome episode, titled Reconciliation: