Violet recaps Season 2 Episode 9 of Arrow, titled Three Ghosts, where Oliver comes face to face with three people from his past! Following the recap, Violet shares her thoughts on the episode.
Episode Recap of Arrow, Season 2 Episode 9: Three Ghosts
- Barry saves Oliver’s life with rat poison. While Oliver is unconscious, he imagines he sees Shado. When Oliver wakes up, he is upset that Felicity revealed his identity to Barry. Oliver returns home and removes the arrow from Roy’s leg. While home, Oliver sees and talks to Shado, who warns him to stop fighting.
- In a flashback to the island, Ivo finds Oliver and the others, as well as the Mirakuru, then demands that Oliver choose between Sara and Shado of who gets to live. Sebastian Blood continues to manufacture the serum, which will be ready in 2 days. Oliver finds out from Barry that hallucinations are a side effect of the rat poison.
- Felicity finds Cyrus Gold, Oliver’s attacker. Thea and Sin go to Laurel for help looking into the blood drive. While doing recon at Gold’s apartment, Diggle is shot, and narrowly escapes out the window. Arrow hands files on Gold over to Officer Lance. Meanwhile, he hallucinates seeing Slade. In the flashback, Ivo kills Shado.
- Laurel reports to Thea that the blood donors were subjected to a psych evaluation. Oliver hallucinates seeing Slade in the Arrow Cave, and they fight. The police track Gold to a warehouse, where Lucas gets shot, and Lance gets hurt.
- While shopping with Blood, Laurel gets a call that her dad is in the ICU. Lucas didn’t make it. Barry’s blood sample shows that Oliver’s hallucinations are psychological. Arrow visits Lance in the hospital, who gives him a key that he got from Gold.
- Diggle tells Oliver he has to figure out what his ghosts are trying to tell him. Felicity and Barry track the key to a locked gate in the Glades. When Roy breaks into the psychiatric institute to steal Max’s file, he is captured and injected with Mirakuru.
- Arrow tries to save Roy, but he is attacked, and it’s too late. Arrow hallucinates seeing Tommy, who encourages him to get up and fight back, which he does, causing an explosion. The roof caves in, Gold is injured, and Blood runs off. Roy survives after all, and wakes up in Thea’s bed.
- Blood announces his mayoral run. It turns out Slade is still alive, and that Blood is working for him. Slade plans to take everything Oliver cares about away, then drive an arrow through his eye. In a flashback to the island, we see Slade awaken, then attack Ivo’s men. He finds Shado dead and vows revenge.
- Barry returns to Central City too late to be there when they turn on the particle accelerator, which malfunctions and explodes, and Barry is struck by lightning from it. Oliver discovers that Barry has left him a mask.
Violet’s Thoughts on Season 2 Episode 9 of Arrow: Three Ghosts
So we got to see the origin story for the Flash this episode, which was cool. For some reason, when Barry Allen was introduced last episode, I thought he was already the Flash, the way he kept being sketchy about why he was in Starling City and how he knew certain things, essentially concealing his identity, which is what superheroes do. I kept waiting for him to secretly use his powers to do something useful. But then at the end of this episode, that explained why he never did anything – because he wasn’t the Flash yet.
It was sad that Ivo killed Shado. I kept expecting something to happen that would allow both girls to live. Either that, or I thought Sara would get “killed” here, since we know that Oliver thought she died on the island. I definitely did not see it coming that Shado would really get killed. But I guess there’s enough possible romantic interests in the show for Oliver, and the show wants to put it out of our minds that there is ever a possibility for Shado to show up in Starling City and steal Oliver’s heart.
Also didn’t see it coming that Slade is still alive! Though at this point, what with first Sara, and now Malcolm Merlyn turning up alive (which as I mentioned before, I had expected all along since it was never really clear from the Season 1 finale if he had actually died on the rooftop), we should expect any “dead” characters to somehow turn up alive at some point down the road. Still holding out hope for Tommy to be alive! So the question is, when Oliver was fighting the “ghost” of Slade, was it just a hallucination? Or was he actually fighting Slade and only assumed it was a hallucination? That place was pretty torn up for it to have only been Oliver in there!
Also unexpected was finding out that Sebastian Blood is merely Slade’s puppet. Now that Blood is running for mayor, he’s going to have even more influence and control over Starling City. But now that we know he is working for Slade, it appears that if Blood gets elected mayor, it’ll actually be Slade pulling all the strings. What is his ultimate plan? Just to bring down Oliver? Slade knows that Oliver is Arrow, what does he plan to do with that information? Will it eventually be revealed to the public that Oliver is Arrow? I’m really curious to see how things go now that we’ve found out Slade is alive!
Scenes from Arrow, Season 2 Episode 10: Blast Radius
Here are scenes from Season 2 Episode 10 of Arrow, titled Blast Radius:
What did you think of Arrow, Season 2 Episode 9: Three Ghosts? Share your thoughts in the comments below!